Choosing who to represent you can be very difficult unless you know the solicitor or someone is recommended to you. When deciding which solicitor to instruct you need to know that your solicitor has the necessary expertise to take on your case and you also need to know that you will be able to work with him or her, possibly for several months.
We hope that you decide to give us the opportunity to help you. In deciding whether to entrust us with your case there are a few points that you might find helpful:
- We have considerable expertise in the areas of law we cover but there are some types of work we don’t take on. We will only take on your case if we have the necessary expertise to properly represent you. If we think that your case would be better handled by someone else we will tell you and will, if you want, refer you on so that you do not have to start your search for a lawyer from scratch.
- We have an experienced and settled team of solicitors and support staff. As we have a very low level of staff turnover it is very likely that your case will be dealt with by the same person from start to finish. Two members of our team have worked at Clifford Johnston since the firm was established 30 years ago and four others have worked here for over 20 years.
- We take client care very seriously. You will have your calls returned and your letters and emails answered promptly. If you ever have concerns about any client care issues you will immediately be able to speak to our Managing Partner.
- We are accessible. If you cannot come to us we will try and come to you. We are also often able to offer appointments outside of normal office hours. You can contact us by telephone and email and you will not have to deal with a call centre. Appointments are often available at short notice.
- Our charges are reasonable and we will provide accurate and regular estimates and updates. We know that our clients want value for money and we work hard to ensure that they get what they want.
- Our work has been subjected to independent and external assessment both as part of the Lexcel accreditation process and by the Legal Aid Agency over a period of many years. This means that you do not just have to rely on assurance that we are providing a high quality service.
- We have had feedback questionnaires returned to us by nearly 1000 clients. Of these 96% were satisfied or very satisfied with the service they received and 96% were certain or likely to recommend our services to someone else.
If you want to know whether we can help you please contact us today.