We offer a full range of services both to elderly clients and to clients with elderly relatives. We are committed to providing high quality legal advice to older people and to their family and carers.
What type of cases?
- Estate planning using wills, trusts and lifetime gifts.
- Giving Powers of attorney and Court of Protection work.
- Probate and the administration of estates.
- Trusts administration.
- Living Wills.
- Information on home care.
- Preserving assets in the event of long term residential or nursing care.
- Advice on financial responsibility and funding criteria for long term care.
- Mental Health legislation including displacement of nearest relative applications.
Why chose Clifford Johnston?
We take client care seriously. We will return calls, emails and letters promptly and we will progress your case from start to finish quickly and efficiently. We offer a personal and professional service. We aim to build a personal relationship with clients. The vast majority of our work comes from clients who we have acted for in the past or is referred to us by former clients. We are reliant for our success on achieving good results and providing a high quality service.
If you are unable to come into see us we can come and see you at home or in hospital.
What will it cost?
- Standard will (where estate is worth less than £300k) – £200 + vat.
- Standard mirror will for husband and wife or civil partners – £250 + vat.
- Lasting power of attorney -£200 + vat
- Registering a power of attorney– £200 + vat (plus court fee if payable).
We will add a modest additional charge if we need to meet with you outside the office and will agree this with you in advance.
We also offer an initial fixed fee half hour interview for £60 + vat so if you are unsure what to do about a particular problem come in and talk to us. We will give you clear and concise advice and will tell you how much it will cost if you want us to do further work on your behalf.