Make an enquiry

Landlord and Tenant

How can we help?

Whether you utilise our services from the start, or take our advice as and when you need it, our landlord services cover everything from tenancy agreements to recovering arrears.

We are on hand to advise on all landlord and tenant disputes including:

  • Tenancy agreements
  • Tenancy deposit issues
  • Disputes about repairs
  • Increasing rents
  • Recovering arrears
  • Serving notices and recovering possession
  • Defending claims brought by tenants
  • Problems with the Council

Why you should choose Clifford Johnston

With over 30 years experience in landlord and tenant law we have fast become specialists in this field. Philip Walsh is a partner, here at Clifford Johnston, and has over 18 years of experience in landlord and tenant disputes.

There are a great many challenges that both tenants and landlords face in today’s economic climate. Providing cost-effective legal solutions and advice for our clients is something we pride ourselves on.

Our services are of the highest quality and our team will be responsive and accessible to your needs. From prompt responses to your calls, emails and letters to making sure that your case is dealt with effectively.

What about legal aid?

Legal aid is available for tenants, but not for landlords. As we have vast experience in representing tenants we understand the legal aid system extensively and can advise on all legal aid matters.

How much will it cost?

Our initial fixed-fee interview is for half an hour at £60 plus Vat. This can either be at our offices or via telephone. We follow up all our meetings in writing.

If we serve either a Section 8 or 21 notice we charge a further £150 plus vat. If proceedings are issued under the accelerated procedure it is £300 plus vat. You will also be required to pay a £80 court fee.

Our fees for issuing normal possession proceedings and representing you at the first court hearing are £500 plus vat. There will also be a £280 court fee.

What do I do next?

The next step is to contact our partner Philip Walsh. You can do this using our simple enquiry form.