Put your trust in Clifford Johnston & Co.
- Highly Skilled Mediation & Dispute Solicitors
- Lexcel & Law Society Accredited Firm
- Comfortable Local Offices or Home Visits
- Talk to an Expert Mediation Solicitor
Dispute Resolution & Mediation Solicitors
Clifford Johnston & Co. have specialist mediation solicitors who have vast experience in private and commercial mediation.
What is Mediation?
Nowadays no party to a dispute really wants to go to Court. It can be very expensive, time consuming and stressful. And there is only one outcome – you either win or lose. If you want to avoid this the answer is to allow the disputing parties to have a meeting in order to try and resolve their differences, and to engage a third party to facilitate this process.
This process is called mediation.
Mediation is a voluntary non binding process in which a specially trained mediator attempts to bring the parties to a dispute into a settlement.
It is voluntary, (either party can terminate the mediation at any time), but if it succeeds, and approximately 80% of them do, it ends with a binding agreement.
What are the advantages of Mediation
- COST – Court Actions can get horribly expensive, both in terms of Solicitors fees and Court Costs. Paying a mediator for a half day or a day is undoubtedly considerably cheaper than going to Court . Usually the parties to a dispute share the mediator’s fees.
- SPEED – Court cases can take a very long time to actually get to Court, often over a year. Mediation can be arranged within a matter of weeks or even days.
- RANGE OF OUTCOMES – At Court you either win or lose. You either get paid or, if the case goes against you, you pay. A mediated settlement can be anything you agree. It could incorporate an apology form a Health Authority for a botched operation. It could allow a dismissed employee to be reinstated. The list is endless.
As a firm we recommend you consider mediation as a cheaper, quicker and more flexible alternative to going to court.
Hugh Joseph, a Consultant at the firm has practiced as a solicitor for over 25 years, and has been a fully accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator for 14 years. During this time he has successfully mediated a range of disputes including commercial contracts, employment disputes, high value personal injury claims and contested probates.
Need some professional advice?
Do you have any issues that you are worried about? Contact our professional team for a free, no-obligation informal discussion, where we can discuss your particular requirements in greater detail.