Get in Touch

Wills, Probate & Trusts

Wills & Probate Solicitors Manchester, Stockport & Cheshire


Clifford Johnston & Co. expert Wills and Probate solicitors help reduce delays and confusion that may surround your estate.

Wills and Probate

Thinking about what will happen once you have gone is something that nobody likes to think about.  However, making a will is your way of making things as easy as possible for your loved ones.  A will helps to reduce delays and confusion that may surround your estate.

What happens if you don't make a will?

If you die without making a will then your possessions will automatically pass under the intestacy rules.  This may not always provide the best provisions for your loved ones and may not be in line with your wishes.

Why should I make a will?

By making a will you will be providing a legal statement setting out your wishes and how you would like your estate to be dealt with.

A will can also assist in reducing the liability of your estate to pay inheritance tax.

How much will it cost?

We offer a fixed fee service for a will and we charge £300 plus VAT.  If it is for two people at the same time, then we will charge £500 plus VAT.

If your will is particularly complex then we may need to charge more but we can discuss that with you from the outset.

Probate Solicitors

We offer a full probate service.  We understand that the death of a loved one is a particularly difficult time and your case needs to be dealt with sensitively and compassionately but also professionally.  If you instruct us then your case would be handled either by Christopher Furbey, Philip Walsh or Shane Flannery all of whom are qualified and experienced wills and probate solicitors.

We understand the distress and difficulty that bereavement causes and we treat all of our clients with respect and dignity.

We are able to discuss the probate procedure with you and offer expert legal advice.

We also have particular expertise in advising on disputed claims and those under the inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents Act) claims.

If you felt that inadequate provisions had been made for you on the death of somebody from whom you were dependent, then you should contact one of our specialist wills and probate solicitors to discuss a potential claim.

Next steps...

You should contact Christopher Furbey, Philip Walsh or Shane Flannery.


Contact Us