immigration solicitors based in manchester

Working And Investing In The UK

With Brexit negotiations now in full swing, there are many questions about the future of the UK economy as well as the immigration policies which are already in place. These negotiations can affect UK employers and workers from abroad who have travelled to the UK for employment as well as foreign students looking to study and work in the UK. Here we take a look at everything you need to know about business immigration in the UK:

Applying For An Immigration Visa
As an applicant, if you are unsure about which visa applies to you when looking to move to the UK to work then you are not alone. Thousands of people each year apply for the incorrect visa resulting in them being unable to enter the country and have to wait before re-applying in the future.

The most common working visas for the UK are:

  • EU Nationals
  • Tier 1 (Investor) and Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Exceptional Talent
  • Tier 2 and 5 (Sponsored Skilled Employment)

For EU Nationals, they have the right to live and work in the UK where they can exercise their treaty rights. Clifford Johnston & Co. can advise EU, non-EU and family members of EU citizens on applying for documentation to provide evidence on their right to reside in the UK. With 30 years of experience in dealing with immigration cases, we have a specialist team that are dedicated to providing information and up to date advice on the law surrounding immigration in the UK.

If you are Tier 1 (Investor) or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) then we can help you to work through closed categories or unaccepted applications for working in the UK.

For Tier 2 and Tier 5 who are classed as sponsored skilled employees, this means an employer has applied to sponsor you to work in the UK. Tier 2 is concerning those that are highly skilled and needed to fill positions for highly skilled workers that can not be filled with the current resident labour market. Tier 5 applies to those seeking temporary work.

Support For Business Owners From Our Immigration Solicitors
If you are an employer looking to hire someone outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to work in the UK, you might need a sponsor licence.

Once you have agreed that this is the appropriate path for you, you should check that your business is eligible, choose a certain type of licence, type of worker, decide who will manage the sponsorship and apply online.

Once you have applied the UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) may choose to visit your business to check it is suitable. This is a routine check and once you pass you will be given a licence rating.

With a successful licence, you will be able to issue certificates of sponsorship for 4 years until your licence runs out.

For more information of business and personal immigration, speak to one of our expert Immigration Solicitors in Manchester today.

Solicitors in Stockport & Solicitors Manchester

We are proud of the service we give and the impact we make on our clients. If you need advice or representation please call and speak to one of our team, we can make a difference. We offer a totally bespoke service to all our clients which is achieved by providing expert and practical legal advice combined with a determination to achieve the best possible results – all done in a personal but professional manner.